Capabilities and Services
Practice Partners leverages a hands-on leadership team with over 170 years of healthcare experience ensure your surgery center’s success in today’s complex healthcare environment. Providing a multitude of services to develop joint-venture partnerships with physicians and hospitals creating value through cost effective management and superior patient outcomes. Ambulatory surgery center success is steeped in the details of day-to-day operations, understanding industry benchmarking and quality measures. Practice Partners provides pro-active attention to detail from the senior management team ensuring physicians or hospital partners understand operational details such as case cost, supply and implant cost and the need for cases to be performed in the appropriate environment.
- Volume review
- Managed care review/net revenue review
- Staffing needs
- Facility requirement
- Equipment requirements
- Operating Capital requirements
- Projected Operating Budget
- Cash on Cash Return on Investment (ROI)
Certficate of Need filing
- Research and data collection
- Demographic and state data
- Health care metrics
- Detrimential effects
- Assist with LOI filing
- Document preparation for attorney review and presentation
- Presentation at review board meeting
- Post approval data submission and quarterly filings
- Any contested case work with attorney
- Develop project schedule
- Revise and report project schedule updates
- Work with realtor on specifics of property needed
- Review all contractual/written documentation
- Perform analysis of similar locatons
Architect Selection and Consultation
- Selection of Architect to ensure appropriate background and experience and cost
- Work with architect to lay out appropriate schematic
- Establish work flow charts for utilization of growth and expansion
- Ensure schematic is efficient for staffing
- Issue requests for proposals (RFP). Manage RFP process.
- Analyze, report and recommend selection
- Monitor the construction process throughout the schedule
Private Placement Memorandum Preparation/Syndication
- PPH will work with initial partners and external attorneys to produce a partnership agreement and subsequentl PPM that will be used for syndication
- PPH will coordinate the syndication via site visits with existing and potential investors, SEC filings, fund collections, etc.
Licensing, Certification and Accreditation Services
- Prepare licensure and Medicare application packet Monitor progress of licensing and certification process
- Supervise Life Safety Code documentation and submission
- Monitor Department of Licensing and Certification process to expedite completed packet
- Governing Body organization and documentation Medical Staff By Laws
- Physician and ancillary Credentialing Procedure Lists and Formulary Personnel
- Policies and Procedures Manuals
- Quality Improvement Program
- Mandatory Service Agreements
- Coordinate licensure and Medicare Survey
- Provide staffing plan and job descriptions
- Recruit and hire Administrator
- Recruit and hire DON
- Provide support and guidance in staffing selection
- Provide initial employee training
- Establish employee benefits plan
- Provide personnel policy manual
Business Office Set Up
- Recruit and hire business office manager
- Arrange and coordinate purchase and installation of appropriate hardware and software
- Obtain local business license
- Establish bank and deposit accounts
- Set up coding service
- Set up transcription service
- Set up purchasing contracts
- Establish a plan for contracting with third party payers
- Contract negotiations with selected third party payers
- Ensure appropriate contract deal points: rates, implants, multiple procedures, out of network benefits,ungrouped codes, etc.
- Assist and coordinate in design of collateral
- marketing materials
- Coordinate grand opening events for physicians, payers and general public
- Yellow page ads
- Licensure, certification and accreditation documentation
- Governing board recording and reporting
- Medical staff bylaws
- Credentialing and privileging processes
- Employee evaluations and employee file content
- Policies and procedures
- Quality Improvement program and activities
- Contracts and services agreements with outside services
- HIPAA compliance
- Financial record preparation including general ledger, income statement, balance sheets and statement of cash flows
- Bank account management
- Tax return oversight
- Budget preparation annually, by month
- Benchmarking and goal senting compared to industry, other like partnerships
- Billing training and coordination
- Accounts receivable policy and procedure as well as management
- Coordinating and supervising all financial and accounting operating systems.
- Managing all personnel maYers, including supervision of record keeping, payroll preparation and payroll associated duties with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Reviewing all monthly financial statements in accordance with the provisions of bank loan requirements, if any, and otherwise monitoring loan compliance.
- Supervise and provide reports on all operational aspects of the ASC.
- Supervise, coordinate, facilitate and report the performance of annual strategic planning functions for the ASC.
- Establish, monitor and present key performance indicators including financial statements and graphical interpretations on a monthly basis.
- Develop and provide direction to operational committees, including, without limitation, quality assurance, safety and credentialing.
- Coordinate with clinical personnel to development and maintenance of cost-effective services.
- Supervise billing, collections and accounts receivables management when provided in-house by ASC personnel.
- Assist in the recruitment of new non-physician employees.
- Pursue and obtain managed care contracts.
- Supervise and coordinate the selection and on-going operation of management information system.
- Oversee all record maintenance for compliance.
- Evaluate and recommend vendors and equipment as needed.
- Assist in the determination of appropriate charge structure and pricing.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Arrange for appropriate ASC insurance coverage.
- Oversee compliance (including HIPAA compliance),
licensure and accreditation programs and activities common to other ASCs.
- Provide reports on performance measures common in the surgical center industry.
- Review all expenditures, salary ranges, and performance, cost controls, purchasing paYerns, and discounts.
- Coordinate appropriate training for all staff member’s individual job tasks.